SD-GSM - GSM Speech Dialler
The SD-GSM is designed to connect to an intruder alarm control panel or similar. The SD-GSM requires a power input (from an alarm control panel or separate power supply) of between 12V and 28V, with a supply capability of 200mA or greater. The SD-GSM has a built-in GSM module that operates with the mobile telephone network. The unit is not locked to any mobile phone provider, and can accept normal SIM cards.
The SD-GSM has been developed in response to customer feedback and now includes the following benefits:
- GSM module is built on to the main PCB.
- Increased room for cable within the enclosure without increasing the size of the unit.
- Easy installation of the SIM card and aerial.
- Can be programmed to send test calls so that a "Pay as you go" SIM card can be used without the risk of deactivation by the provider after a period of inactivity.
- Incoming SMS messages can be routed to another mobile number so that low credit notifications can be addressed.
- The GSM module has been upgraded to a new model for improved network compatibility.
Our customer feedback indicates that in most cases a PSTN connection is not required. For those customers who still require the PSTN option, please see the SD3-UK.